Saturday, January 16, 2010

*Insert Corny "New Beginnings" Title Here*

It's not like I woke up this morning and realized I was fat. It was a long process getting here and I watched it the whole way. If you know me, you have seen it happen, too. The past 2 years I have started and stopped working out and eating healthier so many times I can't even count. I have gained and lost 50 lbs. several times in my adulthood. Two of those times I was pregnant and allowed that as my excuse for pigging out.

I was weighed at the doctor's office in December and was shocked. I shouldn't have been. The jeans I was wearing were bought in September and were so uncomfortable that I only wore them in public and switched to sweat pants once I got home. I also began wearing my husband's t-shirts at home because mine were so uncomfortable.

I realized this week that I am eating myself to death. It doesn't help that I don't get any exercise. One thing I always judged myself on was, "At least I'm not big enough to be on The Biggest Loser." Well, now I am.

It's sad and pathetic, I know. But I'm not going to sit here and cry about it. I'm going to get up and do something about it. Again.

What are my goals?

1. I want to fit into the full wardrobe of "skinny" clothes that I've been saving for the past couple of years.

2. I want to take my kids to the pool this summer without being embarrassed or self-conscious.

How am I going to get there?

1. I'm going to work out at least 5 days a week to start out.

2. I'm going to cut my portion sizes in half.

3. I'm going to blog my progress to keep myself motivated.

Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for giving me the courage to do this--especially to my Twitter friends! You guys are here for me every day and I don't know what I would do without you!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck and stay motivated. Don't burn yourself out though. I wish I could offer more sage advice but my advice typically come with a punchline. Now, how am I gonna hold you accountable...

    ReplyDelete